Ottawa Photo Studio
4 Florence Street, Suite 203
Phone: (613) 233-8472
Photograph and head size specifications:
• Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, only one (1) photo is required.)
• Photos must be 35 mm wide X 45 mm high.
• The photos must be identical and taken within the last six months. They may be either black and white or colour.
• The photos must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background.
• If the photos are digital, they must not be altered in any way.
• The photos must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photo, and include the top of the shoulders.
• The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm and 36 mm. (Crown means the top of the head, or (if obscured by hair or a head covering), where the top of the head or skull would be if it could be seen.)
• The face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, with the mouth closed.
• Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
• Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos.
• Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.
• You may wear non-tinted or tinted prescription glasses as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
• A hairpiece or other cosmetic accessory is acceptable if it does not disguise your normal appearance.
• If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured.
• If the photographs do not meet theses specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
Citizenship Offices in Ottawa
Citizenship & Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Ave West
Phone: (613) 957-6513
Toll free: 1-888-242-2100