Ottawa Photo Studio
4 Florence Street, Suite 203
Phone: (613) 233-8472
Australian Passport Photos:
45mm high and 35mm wide show head and top of shoulders close up, so the measurement of the face from the bottom of the chin to the crown
(i.e. top of head without hair) is between 32mm and 36mm.
Preparing for your Australian Passport Photo
Quality and style
• print on high-quality paper and use high resolution
• show natural skin tones and have appropriate brightness and contrast, no flash reflections and no red eye
• show you with a neutral expression and mouth closed
• have a plain, light coloured background (e.g. white, cream or pale blue)
• show you looking directly at the camera
• show you with no hair across your eyes
• show both edges of your face clearly
• not show you looking over one shoulder (portrait style) or with head tilted
• photograph cannot be manipulated, for example, by removing spots or softening lines.
• The photos must be identical and taken within the last six months.
• The photos must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background.
• If the photos are digital, they must not be altered in any way.
• Your face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, and with your mouth closed.
• You may wear non-tinted or tinted prescription glasses as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
• A hairpiece or other cosmetic accessory is acceptable if it does not disguise your normal appearance.
• If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured.
• The frame size must be 35 mm X 45 mm .
• The photos must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photo, and include the top of the shoulders.
Australian High Commission
50 O'Connor Street
Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 6L2, Canada